Thanks to everyone who read the first Favorite Things – In the Kitchen! Here are a few of your favorites.
- Magic Bullet – Michelle. She says she can’t remember the last time she used her blender. I agree, I especially like that you can make a single serve smoothie precisely to your liking. You can often find it on sale for $30 (25% off) at Canadian Tire.
- Pampered Chef Potato Masher, $11.50 – Michelle. One word. Magical.
- Soda Stream, about $100 – Pam. This handy device carbonates water. You no longer have to lug heavy drink bottles home, your trash production decreases, you cut down your consumption of pop, and you can enjoy lots of fizzy drinks. I would avoid the Soda Stream flavourings (they don’t taste quite right) and stick to lemon, lime or any other fruit juice.
- Cusinart 4 cup chopper/grinder, $60 – Debbie. It’s brilliant for chopping onions, jalapenos and herbs.
- Immersion Blender – Debbie. Great for soup!
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding – Debbie. What? Chocolate-avocado? This vegan recipe replaces whipped cream with avocado, for a healthy alternative to a rich dessert.
Note: We weren’t paid or perked to name any of these products, they really are just our favorites!